Fajita-Ranch Chicken Wraps
Budget dinner price: $2.05 per serving
Makes: 4 servings
Start to Finish: 20 mins
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast strips for stir-frying
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 small red, yellow, or green sweet pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons bottled reduced-calorie ranch salad dressing
- 2 whole wheat, tomato, jalapeno, or plain flour tortillas, warmed*
- 1/2 cup Easy Fresh Salsa*
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
DirectionsSprinkle chicken strips with chili powder and garlic powder. Coat a medium nonstick skillet with nonstick spray; heat over medium-high heat. Cook chicken and sweet pepper strips in hot skillet over medium heat for 4 to 6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and pepper strips are tender. Drain if necessary. Toss with salad dressing.
Divide chicken and pepper mixture between warmed tortillas. Top with Easy Fresh Salsa and cheese. Roll up; cut in half.
- Note: *To warm tortillas: Wrap tortillas tightly in foil. Heat in a 350 degrees F oven about 10 minutes or until heated through.
- 2 seeded and chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow or green sweet pepper
- 2 - 3 teaspoons snipped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash black pepper
- Few drops bottled hot pepper sauce
DirectionsIn a medium bowl combine tomatoes, red onion, pepper, cilantro, garlic, salt, black pepper, and, if desired, a few drops bottled hot pepper sauce. Serve immediately or cover and chill for up to 3 days. Stir before serving. Makes 1 2/3 cups.
Recipe is from my.hearthealthyonline.com